Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Inaugural Post



Without much fanfare, the initial post to Assymetric Conversion was published.

The promises of future posts, however, loom moderately large on the horizon.

* * *
  • Name: John Alan Jack
  • Age: 26 Years
  • Signs: Cancer / Metal Rooster
  • Sex: Male
  • Gender: Man
  • Height: 6 feet / 183 centimeters
  • Weight: 175ish pounds / 79ish kilograms
  • Ethnicity: Native American (Huu-ay-aht) / British Medley
  • Nationality: Canadian / Huu-ay-aht
  • Eyes/Hair: Brown / Black
  • Suit Size: 40 Tall
  • Waist: 32
  • Inseam: 32
  • Shoe Size: 10.5
  • Accessories: Glasses (and sometimes a nice fedora or panama hat.)
* * *

As far as I know, my family name is the Christian name given to my great-great grandfather, on my mother's side, Old Man Jack. It is also my mother's maiden name and, yes, I am a literal bastard -- a heathen, too. My first name is that of my great-grandfather on my father's side. John McIvor was a company man, a Hudson's Bay company man. Apparently, Fort McMurray was to be named after him until he was accused of cannibalism due to his close relationship with the natives of the area. Whether this is true, I don't know. Either way, it's not short for anything and the standard nickname for it is already my last name -- so just call me John. My middle name is that of my uncle on my mother's side, her baby brother, Al. He's a good man.

Maybe I'll tell you about my parents next time, but until then:

Greetings!



1 comment:

Naughtygnome said...

I'm so glad that I'll be able to read your thoughts on a regular basis. Love the way you write and the way you think. This is perfect for you. <3